Modern Vegan Baking:
Modern Vegan Baking: The Ultimate Resource for Sweet and Savoury Baked Goods
Sample Recipe: Rosemary and Fig Focaccia
Prep Time: 90 minutes / Bake Time: 30 minutes / Cooling Time: 5 minutes / Yield: About 15 servings
– Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water and let stand for about 5 minutes until it becomes frothy.
– Combine the flour, rosemary, sugar, and salt in the food processor and blend evenly.
– While blending, add ⅓ cup of the olive oil and the yeast mixture through the feed tube, until a soft sticky dough is formed.
– Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead several times to a soft, pliable dough. You may need a tablespoon or two of flour to make it less sticky.
– Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl covered with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot to double in size, for 45 to 60 minutes.
– Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
– Spray the sheet pan with cooking spray.
– Once the dough has doubled, stretch it to fit the sheet pan in an even layer. Brush the entire surface with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and layer with the chopped figs.
– Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
– Cool slightly before slicing and serving.
Ingredients: 1 cup (240 milliliters) warm water (90ºF to 110ºF) 3½ cups (440 grams) all-purpose flour, plus additional if needed ¼ cup fresh minced rosemary (or 2 tablespoons dried rosemary) 2 tablespoons (30 grams) granulated sugar 1 teaspoon (6 grams) table salt ⅓ cup (110 milliliters) plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided 1 pound (about 2 cups) fresh figs, sliced in half or quartered if they are large
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.